Dim Sum Diaries
Say a little prayer for me, dear readers. Isn't that from a song? Anyways, I'll be skydiving with my long-time friend Rita. I am normally quite a timid person (read: wussy) when it comes to trying such new and daring things. But once in awhile, the rebel in me throws her head back, roars a mighty roar and does things like getting really sloshed or getting a tattoo shortly after she births her first child (geez that was almost 9 years ago).

Other then the usual busyness with work and family, not too much more going on. But here are some interesting links:

--Miranda July plugs her new collection of short stories in a very neat and interesting way. I'm thinking about buying it based just on her creativity on this website design alone.

--A new BBC TV series from Dawn & French along w/ Joanna Lumley called Clatterford is coming out on DVD soon. It looks promising (as I like Dawn French) and I can't wait to get it.

--I am reading Carol Shields' book on Jane Austen's life, titled, Jane Austen ~ A Life. It is an artful and sensitive look into Austen's personal life, and what influenced her as she wrote Sense & Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice and others. Shields won the Pulitzer Prize for her book, The Stone Diaries, and I really dig her writing style, so checking out some of her other books might be worth taking a look at.

--Interesting article about the rise and flourishing of interracial marriages in the U.S. But hey, how about MORE THEN 3 PARAGRAPHS DEVOTED TO MY ASIAN PEOPLES?? Big fucking duh right there.

Okay, back to work now. Will post more soon. If I'm not dead on Sunday. :)