Dim Sum Diaries

Staying Up Too Late Is Not Good IMO


It was 12:40 am. I lay on my side of the bed, book in hand, riveted...completely engrossed in the story...so much so that I stayed up until 3 am last night finishing up the book. Ronlyn Domingue writes with a graceful, flowing hand. The climax of the book sucker punched me and after I read the last page I was almost in tears. So if there is anything you do this summer, you have to read The Mercy of Thin Air.

Kyren! Go read it already! :)

So this morning I woke up, tottering around trying to get the kids ready for their summer day camp. I checked my cell phone for messages and noticed that Dad had sent me a pic text message. The Rents were supposed to be camping in Yoesimite with Aunt G & Uncle Deep Throat.

But what I saw had me frantically trying to call my parents...it was rather grainy side view picture snapped of my mom, with large pink spots covering her cheek. Had she fallen off a cliff? Walked into a large patch of poison ivy? Been attacked by a band of roving wild bears? The background didn't look familiar to me, so I knew they weren't home. Who gave a shit if it was 7:30 am...someone had to tell me what the hell happened. I dialed their cell phone and luckily Mom answered.

"MOM!! Are you okay??? What happened to your face???"

"Oh," she replied. "I got bitten by a bunch of mosquitoes."

"I thought something horrible happened to you!"

"Blame your father, he took that picture of me and wanted to shock the family by texting that pic to EVERYONE."

I could hear my father's guilty tee hee in the background.

We talked a bit more and hung up. Now I suppose I know where I got my dramatic sense of humor from...*le sigh...