Dim Sum Diaries
I've really been on this 70s kick lately, don't ask me why. So much so that I even indulged in a handbag from one of my favorite etsy sellers, Garbagebag. Doesn't that green just scream 70s? But I love it, its comfortable and it suits me at the moment, so that's what I'm going with. Hubby has remarked how unlike myself I've been lately. Whereas I used to strive to dress like CJ Cregg from The West Wing (conservative, tasteful, dignified etc) now I'm happily wearing costume jewelery and hair bows and god forbid DRESSES. Very strange from a girl who has been a tomboy all her life. I'm not sure how to explain it, but if I try to perm my hair into an Afro, someone shoot me please.

Graduating with a degree in Cultural Anthropology hasn't been the easiest thing to translate into a stable career that pays decently and is satisfying. The smarty engineering science gene skipped me and went to my younger sister. Did I mention all my cousins on my dad's side are either doctors or lawyers? Work has been going well, and since I've expanded into doing graphic design work, I guess I can call myself a freelance graphic designer now. Am going to a party next week where all these aforementioned cousins will be attending (haven't seen them in years), and though it seems a bit on the shallow side, feel glad I finally have something I can present that is solid (in terms of me doing something with my life besides being a married mom of 2). Oh yeah and I'm gonna wear a dress.