Dim Sum Diaries
Here are some books I've acquired recently and am in the process of reading.

I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan: The Prince of Darkness has been challenged---live life as a good person on earth and he can re-enter Heaven. Its a fascinating premise and the subtly witty style with which Glen Duncan writes had me laughing from page 1. Okay I'm only on page 2, but man I was laughing for that whole first page before I got tired and went to bed!! Lucifer's voice in my head is absotively Rupert Everett for this book...sly, sexy with a hint of naughty. I'll let you know how it progresses.

Last Night I Dreamed of Peace by Dang Thuy Tram: I blogged about this before, so read the summary in that previous blog post. :p Random House's website on the book here.

But more importantly, it was translated by Andrew X. Pham, who wrote one of my faves, Catfish & Mandala. Mr. Pham, whom I'll dub Mr. Elusive and hearkens us back to the pre-internet age where the only way I could find if a book was published by a particular author was to repeatedly stalk the bookstore every week and bug the clerks incessantly about upcoming release info. Thankfully, the restraining order has been lifted and I am now free to go back to B&N. :p

So anyways, we find that Andrew X. Pham now lives in Hawaii and has a forthcoming book called The Eaves of Heaven: A Life in Three Wars. No info on amazon.com yet, but I'll let y'all know as soon as I find out anything.

Also I ordered Stardust by Neil Gaiman, just because I liked the movie so much.

And I had to get a romance in as well. Recently "discovered" Sabrina Jeffries, her books are very refreshing...with a strong hero and heroine and a lot of research goes into the period she writes about (Victorian England, if there is ever any Jeopardy question on Victorian England and I'm on the show and I get it right and I win $1mill its because I've remembered the answer from a Sabrina Jeffries book). She writes love scenes very well too...one memorable one being from Never Seduce a Scoundrel involving an American Major Lucas Winter, Lady Amelia Plume, a ship, a silk scarf and Major Winter describing to Amelia in intimate detail how corsairs seduce their captives. :D *fans self furiously

More later :)