Dim Sum Diaries
Do you guys remember that show Thirtysomething? It aired during my teen years, but I never paid much attention to it. "Bunch of bloody adults running around being so bloody emo," I sneered, thumbing my nose at it. However, twenty some odd years later, I have to retract that statement. Apparently there is a lot to be emo about in one's thirtysomething years. Besides the fact that I have to stick my bare boob on a cold metal plate and have x-ray particles shot at it (mammogram), wonder if I'm being a good mom and spending enough time with my kids, juggling work, housework, marriage. Or encounter situations where I'm like omg, I'm not a kid anymore. I help, protect and comfort as an adult...or as best as I can now anyways...make decisions that affect other people's lives, not just my kids or husband but my mom, dad, sister. Still a bit disconcerting at times. A magic wand that easily makes it all better would not be an unwelcome thing, but is, alas, not reality.

Lots of things going on now I wish I could blog about, but choose not to...to lay it all bare (not my boob) which might have a cathartic effect, but won't.

I did visit the OB/GYN recently tho (who helpfully ordered the mammogram for me because I'M BLOODY 35 NOW AND OF THAT AGE WHERE ONE MUST GET A MAMMOGRAM), who said I must lose more weight because the scale in doc's office is made of lead and I weigh a bit more then I should. She recommended Weight Watchers...her friends and some patients who have had some success with losing weight and keeping it off. Enrolled in the online tracking thingy where you have a certain # of points to spend a day and food is classified according to points (calories/fat/dietary fiber). Have tried it for several days so far and it's pretty cool. It's all about portion control, so I'm not restricted to eating, say, only proteins. The only bitch (but you get used to it) is that you have to have the nutritional information for the food you eat and enter everything you eat in the tracker. The only problem I see with this is if I eat at a Chinese restaurant (you know the kind your parents eat at). If I tried to ask for the nutritional info there, I'm sure I'd get a blank stare.

Will keep you all posted on this situation, BECAUSE YOU ARE MY CAPTIVE AUDIENCE AND HAVE TO READ WHATEVER I WRITE ON THIS BLOG...MWHAAAAAA....

Anyways, switching topics, here are some interesting links:

--Find The Star, a mini-game where you have to...umm...find the star. Very cute and nice way to not work. :)

--Minesweeper: The Movie. What happens at 999? Nothing. You just suck.