Dim Sum Diaries

In Which I Go (Or Have Gone?) Round The Bend Again


Heh, I just realized that this blog turned 4 this year and I didn't even notice! How sad is that? This space has been here for me for all that time, an place for me to share stories, pervy humor, a place to bitch and vent when I need to (most of those stay unpublished). It is an integral part of my life, and I'm sure when the children get older, they will have a permanent online record of what their dear, old dotty Mom was writing about back in the day.

I know I said before I wanted to write more creatively, get something published maybe? Eventually. But I have to admit I'm really happy with where I'm at now...working as a freelance technical writer enables me to be there for the kids, and work as I need to. I mostly keep regular working hours (but I can steal a nap here and there), but my boss, whom we'll call B and the department I work with (them being all male is so much easier to handle...I hate working for a woman boss...) is extremely laid back and tend to be the technical/engineering crowd (a personality type I work very well with). I can be a little creative...and get paid for it! Even if its writing marketing text to make a motherboard sexy (aka making it appealing to its intended audience), or rewriting Engrish technical manuals (via):



So then I realize there is this whole...bunch of stuff...for lack of a better term...that is OUT THERE. Okay that's not right...there are blogs, websites and developed applications which are specfically aimed the freelancer. I'm literally going from site to site going...wow...that is awesome...I could really use that....

So basically what I mean to say is that this blog will still be my personal blog, but may (ok will) change a bit to reflect my current life situation...a freelancing writer (more business/tech bits), mother of a 9 year old girl and 6 year old boy, a loving husband, and 3 ginuea pigs, 2 parakeets, 2 turtles and 2 cats. One who is in a mixed raced marriage (pronounced marry-ahge) and writing mostly from a Chinese American perspective.

I don't know if anyone else is in the same place I am exactly...but I will be adding some features/bits that hopefully y'all can enjoy and find some use out of.

UPDATE: Added new bits to the side...apparently I wrote some really good stuff in 2003 and have suffered a dry spell since... :p

Labels: