Dim Sum Diaries
Hubby and I went to see the Saturday matinee performance of The Farnsworth Invention at the La Jolla Playhouse.

Though we left an hour prior, traffic was heavy on the way to the theater.

"God, its gonna be like from Spiderman 2 when Peter Parker gets to the theater and Bruce Campbell won't let him into see Mary Jane cuz he's late," Hubby muttered.

I gave Hubby a dirty look. "BRUCE CAMPBELL is sooo bloody not gonna stop me from seeing my man AARON in action!"

Hubby only rolled his eyes as I continued driving like a madwoman. We did make it on time and I sprinted to the ticket booth to pick up my tickets (Hubby didn't run he walked). We were ushered to our seats in record time. It was a packed house and the play was excellent, full of Sorkin's snappy banter and humor about how television was invented.

At one point, I was tapping on Hubby's shoulder. "Oh my god, that part is straight out of The West Wing from that Galileo episode when Sam says the same thing about why we should go to Mars. I do believe the exact quote is:"

'Cause it's next. 'Cause we came out of the cave and we looked over the hill and we saw fire. And we crossed the ocean and we pioneered the West and we took to the sky. The history of man is hung on a timeline of exploration and this is what's next.

Okay I didn't really repeat the quote verbatim. However, the play resonated strongly with Hubby because he is a fellow scientist engaged in the inventive process and familiar with how big corporations effect it etc etc etc. I was in raptures over the play because well, its by Aaron Sorkin. Did I mention I like Aaron Sorkin?

In other news, I resolve to slip into as many conversations as I can the fact that I am 34 years old. Because in exactly 18 days, I will turn fucking 35. Am a bit panicked over this day of impending doom by going on a book buying binge (just bought 5 last week, will buy a few more this week) the likes which have not seen for many years. Also seemed to have developed a strange fascination over the musical stylings of James Taylor (can listen to You've Got A Friend over and over, oddly enough).

* * *

My sister N called me today.

"Do you want to go camping at Joshua Tree?" she asked. "Or what I mean is do you want your kids to go with us?"

"I am capable of going camping, N."

"You? Camping?"

"Yes!" I declared. "It'll be fun! Are we staying at a hotel?"

"No. We're camping in tents."

"Outdoors?"

"Duh. Are you sure you want to go?"

"Fuck yes. I'm jiggy w/ it. Sign me up."

So ma familie is going camping. I'm sure father-in-law has all that camping gear shit as he is keen on camping. Though I still don't know what is wrong with staying at a luxury hotel at night (preferably with a day spa) and dipping my toe into the pool of Mother Nature's goodness during the day.

This will be quite an interesting experience.