Dim Sum Diaries
Happy Thanksgiving to all, gosh haven't posted in awhile! Hope everyone is doing well. Just came back from running around all over the city to get the necessary ingredients to make the yum-yums, including Maple-Roasted Turkey with Sage, Smoked Bacon, and Cornbread Stuffing and Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey.

Went with Hubby last weekend to Gencon to meet up with a friend we know from WoW. Was slightly hesitant to seal my fate as a complete and utter geek in the eyes of my sister, as I asked her to watch the kids for the day whilst Hubby and I indulged ourselves in Gencon.

"Where are you going again???" she demanded.

"Umm...you know this game con, to meet up with some friends."

"What kind of games?"

"Hmm...good question. D&D type stuff, I think."

"Are you going to dress up?"

"Fuck no! Only dorks dress up. I am so over that."

"You did dress up as Captain Janeway FOR TWO YEARS IN A ROW for Halloween," she pointed out. "How do I know your not hiding the outfit in the car???"

"For the love of God N (sis), I am not that geeky, ok?"

"Uh huh." She seemed to remain unconvinced.

So off Hubby and I went, and it was quite interesting. I've never been into the trading cards or table top games, but I wanted to go and see what it was all about (this sums it up nicely.). Oh, how I wish my cell phone hadn't run out of batteries, so I could've taken some pictures. There was a booth selling cloaks, foam weapons and an entire booth devoted to dice (every shape, color and size you can imagine). There were rows and rows of tables set up so people could play games. I even played a table top game, it was all about math and dice on this mini board that was a square and landscaped (mini trees, houses like from a train station model). You measure out the distance your armies can move with a tape measure (interesting) and based on your dice rolling and the stats of your armies, you hit, miss, etc. I played Hubby and was singlehandedly kicking his ass, until Helexa had to cheat and give him loaded dice, so I lost, but only just. Bloody men with small penises trying to compensate.

Though it was fun irritating the hell out of everyone by shouting out "I WIN I WIN" every time I rolled. :)

The biggest draw though was Blizzard booth where they had a perky Asian girl hosting and throwing prizes to a group of extremely eager young men who all pointed north towards her. It was amazing. We had dinner and overall had a good time. Apparently table top games etc are big in the East coast and Midwest, not so much in California. But it was interesting to see another aspect of geekery I have no intention of getting into. I will not dress up as an female elf in a leather bustier and g-string, no matter how much Hubby begs.