Dim Sum Diaries

Why I Need To Hang Out With My Family More


For blogging gems, of course!

We went to my sister's house this evening for dinner. Knowing Mom's penchant for wedding bric-a-brac, N (sis) presented Mom with a prettily wrapped box she'd gotten as a wedding favor.

"Open it," urged N.

So Mom did, and inside were two of those Asian lucky cats. "You know, Asian businesses love to display these figurines," Mom said as she studied the inscription. "This one says may 10 million pounds of gold go into your business. Good thing to happen to a business."

"I figured you'd like them," said N.

Mom handed one to me. "Here, you should put this one in your newly redecorated bathroom," she suggested.

"SO THAT 10 MILLION POUNDS OF POO MAY GO INTO YOUR NEWLY REDOCORATED BATHROOM!!" N, the smartass, had to add.