Dim Sum Diaries
Some things have been going on lately, mostly good that I have wanted to blog about. So here we go. I've been thinking about what I should do, in terms of looking for a job soon. I gave myself the deadline of Jan 2007 to start looking because of the busyness of the upcoming holidays and such.

"So what are you going to do?" asked my sister, when I was at her house for dinner last.

"I don't know." I'd been toying around with the vague notion of working at some part time retail job.

"How about writing?"

"Not sure, writing that Great Chinese-American Romance Novel doesn't seem to be working out too well," I replied.

"You'll find something," she said.

So a few days later I find out I may have the opportunity to snag a freelance technical writing gig. I'm still waiting to find out if it is a go or not, but in the meantime I realize that if I don't do something now...what I love...at least try to...I may regret it. So what this translates to is, if this technical writing gig falls through, I'm going to attempt to find some other medium I can write for, at least for now, that pays somewhat decently...articles...food reviews? I need to do some research, and see what there is out there. So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, my epiphany.

Sounds a bit dorky, but once it finally hit me (big ole duh right there, along with a few other big duhs I should've realized wayyy long ago), it was like whoa!! Yeah! So I guess that's what I'm going to try to do.

The last few books I blogged about reading have influenced me greatly, I think. Its rather like discovering the romance genre when I was a teenager. So much so that I've been buying up books from Ronlyn Domingue's fave book list like mad. I also lurrrve Catfish and Mandala...you simply MUST read this book.

Ah well, who knows, this is the path I choose to travel for now. In the meantime, I keep on loving and taking care of my husband, kids, mother, father, sister.

And if it doesn't work out? I can always start crafting these en masse, and selling them on ebay. :)