Dim Sum Diaries
I had this grand delusion that I would go Target this Saturday and rationally and calmly pick fabulous gifts for my entire extended family in...oh about an hour...and my Christmas shopping would be done and then I would spend the rest of the day ensconced in front of our fireplace wrapped in a warm blanket and sipping hot cocoa and listening to heart-warming Christmas carols...

Alas it was not to be. I did find like two gifts at Tar-jay. I actually stood in the middle of the store with this completely lost and vacant look on my face. I had no idea if my sister-in-law wanted the new Celine Dion Fragrance set or not. I opted not. Then I thought I'd try the mall for some last minute inspiration, but it was a zoo madhouse. After circling the parking lot (I seem to have lost my zeal for seek and destroy parking) for about 20 minutes I gave up and headed home.

Suddenly online shopping in my reindeer flannel pants and cazh t-shirt seemed to be the best solution. After aimlessly surfing sites the rest of the weekend, I finally bit the bullet and finished up this morning. I don't know why its so hard for me to get in the Christmas spirit this year. But I'm grateful that I have my family (extended and nuclear) and health.

Oh...I suppose I need to slip to the local sex shop to buy something shocking and scandalous for the maternal side Christmas party white elephant gift exchange. Shocking the aunts and older folks is always a blast. :)