Dim Sum Diaries
Daughter got her first same age friend, non relative let's give us a kissy kissy phone call today. I stared at her thoughtfully as she chatted on about what she'd been doing since school let out. The girl is only 7 years old...I'm not sure how I feel about her getting these "phone calls". I mean seriously, she's only been out of diapers for awhile...what is with the sudden leap into growing up so fast?

*sighs*

And since el kiddos are with me at home full time now, I've decided to try to expose them to culture etc etc etc. Which includes making them listen to all nine hours of Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen (Complete Ring Cycle) whilst in the car (there are potty breaks). Also, they've been enrolled in day camps at the local childrens museum, to which they protested vehemently.

"But Mommy, I don't want to learn about volcanoes!" Daughter grumped.

Fast forward a few days later, she was chatting on about how they'd made volcanoes out of cookies and frosting for a snack, etc etc etc...

I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, you mean you listened to Mommy, and went to camp...and you actually enjoyed it????????" I asked in a surprised tone of wonder.

She gave me the the look. "Oh Mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It's good to be the mom. :p