Dim Sum Diaries
I love my extended family. We all keep in touch via Yahoo! Groups, a thing I started after my Gung Gung (maternal grandfather) passed away a couple of years ago. I haven't even been checking it recently. Anyways, about the fam...it's all women--4 aunts (and 2 uncles), and all cousins with the exception of two are female as well. So imagine my poor younger cousin R, the tortures he must endure with so many females around. I called my mom the other day, who relayed this interesting information to me.

"Did you know that R got engaged?" she asked.

"WHAT?? When? Where?"

"R took a trip to Hong Kong w/ his girlfriend and proposed on the way there. Then he came back and told his Mom, and told her to keep it a secret."

"So why isn't it a secret anymore?"

"She posted it on the internet."

"OMG."

So there was a rush to check the loop and indeed 65 messages had already been posted regarding this from various members of the family. Including R's "Geez thanks Mom for posting such secret information on the Internets." I was howling w/ laughter. While working my way through the scores of messages, I garnered that the female cousins were egging R on to re-enact the proposal scene via Chinese opera. No word as to whether that will happen yet.

Anyways, congrats to my dear cousin R and his fiancee J!