Dim Sum Diaries

What's A Little Road Rage Between Friends


Okay that last post was a little....unrevealing...and ominous...

So to lighten my own mood up, I thought I'd relay a story that happened recently at work. Our team recently went out to lunch (courtesy of da boss), and we went in two cars. The girls in one and the boys in the other. The boys of course, drove off in rapid fashion, leaving the girls to get to the restaurant at a more sedate pace. Once in the parking lot, M (the driver) was getting ready to make a turn. Suddenly a car shot forward and cut her off before she could make the turn, forcing her to brake suddently.

Much to the amazement of my co-workers, the first thing out of the usually quiet and demure Mir's mouth was, "Who was that @!#%!#$@^@$%@# asshat that just cut us off???"

M's reply---"Ha ha ha the asshat is Ed (the driver of boys' car)".

Me: "Damn."

Of course as soon as we got out of the car, M had to tell Ed. "Hey, Ed!! Mir called you an ass!"

"I called him an asshat, not an ass," I remarked dryly.

Everyone was laughing really hard.

"Sorry, M, if I'd known it was you, I wouldn't have cut you off," Ed said contritely.

"I'm sorry, Ed, if I'd known it was you I wouldn't have called you an asshat," was my reply.