Dim Sum Diaries
Dear Dad,

I wanted to wish you a wonderful 62nd birthday. I hope you have a great one. I love you very much. I don't know why I'm telling you (and the whole internet(s)) on my blog instead of telling you irl, but it is easier for me to say this in writing then face to face. I don't know why.

As I was growing up, we had a somewhat stormy relationship which was tempered by the advent of your grandchildren. I am very happy with the relationship we have now. Now we can hang out and joke, and I can pretend to boss you around by telling you that it is a BAD IDEA to buy a motorcycle at your age. Since your other daughter bought you a motorized scooter for Christmas (in lieu of aforementioned motorcycle), you can bet your ass (omg did I just say that to my dad) that you'll be getting a helmet as a birthday prez this year.

Love,

Your eldest daughter