Dim Sum Diaries
Ah, nothing like the Mallet of Reality to smash you into the realization of, What The Hell Was I Smoking Again???

We have two children, a girl and a boy. Son's 4th birthday just passed. After he blew out the candles on his The Incredibles birthday cake, some weird hormone must have kicked in my system. All of a sudden there is this music playing in my head, you know that classical piece that they always play when there is a couple running towards each other in a field of flowers. God, I forget the name of it. Anyways, I'm studying Hubby with narrowed intensity. Could it be? Should it be? Is it possibly...TIME TO HAVE ANOTHER KID????????

A third child. I'm remembering the soft baby smell of newborns, their utter helplessness and dependency on you and how that makes you feel...their fuzzy, soft hair...deep sigh...

Luckily, the aforementioned Mallet of Reality bonks me on the head as I realize that:

1) I'm going to be laid off in like two months. Not the best circumstances to have another kid (they are so expensive).

2) I'm not in the best of health. If I did, I'd probably have to be on bedrest (which I had to do for #2)!!!!! Which totally sucks ass.

3) I read this entry from Dooce:

And I agree, “Yes. There is nothing you could do to me, except maybe infect me with your sperm, and then there were those 13 weeks of unending nausea, and then the swelling and the inability to hold my pee for more than three minutes. Oh, and then the hours and hours of labor with contractions 10 seconds apart, and the head of the baby RIPPING APART MY VAGINA, and then the stitches, and then the constipation and RIPPING APART OF THE STITCHES, and then the six weeks of bleeding, and then the cracked nipples, oh and those bladder infections from the catheter. Did I mention the clogged milk ducts in my breasts?”

Ah well, it was a thought.