Dim Sum Diaries
1. Why bloggers must be careful when writing about Dubya: the Secret Service comes to your house and questions you (via).

2. Interning at Elliot Spitzer's office, Hours of Drudgery, Moments of 'Gotcha!' (via).

3. Afghan wives try to free themselves from forced marriages by self-immolation.

In completely unrelated news, I find that being in the limbo status of being about to be laid off is rather interesting. When I mention it to people, after the rather loud and sympathetic "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooo!!!", I have to repeat the same things over and over. Yes, I am going to take some time off. Yes, I will get severance. Yes, at least I don't have to drive so far to work anymore. It's getting to the point where I don't mention it unless I absolutely have to.

I am also trying to get into the writing mode, but have been rather unsuccessful at it. I am meeting my critique partner this Sunday and I still have loads of rewriting to do.

Someone spank me please [metaphorically!] to get my ass in gear.

PS - If you are here cuz of Blog Explosion, please leave a shout out in the comments so I can visit your site too. :)

Update: Couldn't resist another link, 2004 Scariest Halloween Costumes (via).