Dim Sum Diaries

How Many Blog Entries Can I Title "Eh"


Recently Trish Jensen, an author, became ill and had to be hospitalized. She almost died from blood loss. Because she is a writer, she doesn't have medical insurance, so her hospital bill came out to be like $100k.

Authors, agents and many in the writing/romance writing industry rallied to create a fund to help her out with her bills. Many donated critiques and books to sell to help raise money for the fund. It is worth noting that some of the most notable items for auction came from Julia Quinn. Her offer of a critique went for a whopping $565 (most critiques went for $40). An advanced reading copy (ARC) of her upcoming book It's In His Kiss went for $405! Keep in mind that the ARC won't be available until early next year. It's going to a great cause, but it's still mindblowing.

Anyways, I think I'll avail myself for one of the more moderately priced critiques. It'll help get my ass motivated to write again.