Dim Sum Diaries
Hubby and I have been in this BBQ'ing mood lately. It is fun to do when the days are long. We open up all the windows and there is a nice breeze blowing through the house. Yesterday I bought some chicken thighs and drumsticks and soaked it in a beer marinade for a few hours. I used this big ass, super-sized can of Budweiser and the chicken completely soaked it all up! After Hubby started grilling the meat, he brushed a honey bbq glaze on it. The chicken was plump, juicy and delicious. I cooked some rice (acknowledging my Asian heritage) and creamed corn (for some reason, I've always eaten creamed corn with bbq and rice...I am now passing the tradition onto my kids. Hubby used to think it was weird but now he loves it so much).

Started reading Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss. Apparently it was a runaway bestseller in the UK. It sounds interesting, so I'll let you know how it goes.

The back cover gives one satirical example on how punctuation can be misued:

A panda walked into a cafe. He ordered a sandwich, ate it, then pulled out a gun and shot the waiter. 'Why?' groaned the injured man. The panda shrugged, tossed him a badly punctuated wildlife manual and walked out. And sure enough, when the waiter consulted the book, he found an explanation. 'Panda,' ran the entry for his assailant. 'Large black and white mammal native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.'