Dim Sum Diaries
Moms...

What can I say. Their relationship with their children (especially as they get older) can be complicated. It was nice to see my parents this weekend. Mom is into the knitting/crocheting thing right now, so she is knitting me a shawl of sorts, a robin egg's blue one to keep me warm at night when I'm typing at the computer. Its pretty cool.

On the other hand, it was with some trepidation that I let my mom read the rough draft of the manu, and she (who doesn't like romances) kinda ripped it apart. So though there were some valid points, you know how you feel when your parents do that sort of thing...it left me feeling a little raw...

I read somewhere that you shouldn't show your manuscript to everyone...maybe that's good advice.

And now for my own almost 6 year old daughter, today is her first day of spring break day camp at the local YMCA. No longer a little baby, but still young enough so that your relationship is still not too complex. She'll still kiss me when I ask her to...hugs too...I need to remember to enjoy this phase...in a few years it'll be, Mom, please don't sing at the top of your voice to this Britney Spears song...

The bento moblog I blogged about before has inspired to try to be a little more creative with my kid's lunches. From the pics I have gleaned one can use mini-bagels, cut up hot dots (with dipping sauce included), some vegetables, fruits, etc. The japanese dishes, though they sound delish, are waaaaaayy out of my league...I need to go find a Bento box at the local Japanese market...

What's the point of this whole entry? Actually, I'm not sure except to say that the things that I remember being important to me as a kid...I'm trying to replicate for my own kids. Lunches. Ballet. Fabu birthday parties. Day camps.