Dim Sum Diaries
Well I guess its no secret that I'm taking Dan & Kate's story, a three part short story I wrote last year and trying to develop it into a full length manuscript.

I just finished sketching out the bare bones of a scene and I'm sobbing because I'm so emotional over it. Its that good! Or maybe I'm just a big emotional sop. Who knows. Anyways, I've made some changes to the story and I thought it would be good to list the changes I've made:

1. I now have a detailed idea of what Dan looks like.

2. Kate is now a lawyer instead of a web developer.

3. Dan becomes an Army man instead of the Marines. Mostly because it seems that I've been reading more Army blogs and have access to pumping some ex-Army guys for information. Even though I live near a base, I really can't imagine myself going up to a Marine and saying, "Excuse me, do you mind baring your soul to me? I would like to use you as research material." My initial hope is that a bunch of them in dress blues will break out singing, "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" by the Righteous Brothers, but I'm not counting on it.

4. Aforementioned Army man Hover Tanker (dubbed Hovey Lovey) is briefing me on the intricacies of mil life. "Your man Dan is a butter bar (2nd lewey)????"

5. Uh...that's all I can think of right now. I'm off to cook dinner.