Dim Sum Diaries

In Which Mir Goes Christmas Shopping And Talks Too Loudly For Her Own Good...


I'm very happy to say that I now have all of my Christmas shopping done. Most of it was done online, so I only had to run to a few stores to tie up the loose ends today. Whilst driving to Walmart, my girlfriend D called me and we were chatting about life, men, etc. etc. etc. As I entered the store, I noticed a Marine standing at attention in full dress blues next to a Toys for Tots bin. Since I find the sight of a man in uniform to be irresistible (guess what Lo-Gung is getting for Xmas lol), and I was talking to D (and therefore quite chatty), I blurted out (rather loudly) the first thing that came to my mind. "Damn, he's hot!"

Cute guy in uniform must have heard me as I passed him, for he glanced askance at me and shifted slightly.

"Who? Whose hot?" D demanded.

"This Marine in dress uniform," I explained rather lamely. "Shit. I think he heard me."

No use crying over spilt milk. I got a shopping cart and went on my way. Then of course we spent a few satisfying minutes discussing the various aspects of cuteness of this poor boy in dress blues.

So anyways, all of the Christmas shopping is done. I just have to wrap em all and set-up the magical experience that is Christmas for the kids. After that its the big family holiday party at the Fah-Poh. All of my maternal relatives get together, we have roast pig and various Chinese dishes. We have a white elephant/gag gift exchange. Last time (during Chinese New Year) my mom asked me to pick a gag gift for her because she didn't have time to get it herself. Read what happened here (Part 1) and here (Part 2). I don't think she'll make THAT mistake again. Hee hee.