Dim Sum Diaries
There's a special place in hell for the fucking assholes responsible for this.

I wish I could be more eloquent about this. I'm afraid if I talk too much about it, I'll sound somewhat pompous because I am an American. Also because I am insulated from the day-to-day hell that people actually living in countries such as Iraq or Rwanda face. I'll listen/read the news..."X number of people died today in country Y...militants in Iraq killed 2 more soldiers and Iraqi civilians..."

My heart will twist a little but then I move about my daily life. I'd become desensitized to the daily reports of all these deaths. But today I hear about two soldiers who have their throats brutally slit while waiting at a traffic stop. Suddenly my emotions rear up. Its anger and sadness I feel because these people are my peers, people my age. I'm not reading about these deaths in a history book of some war that took place years ago. This is happening here and now. People I may have known, a friend or a family member. Maybe its someone I could have met and become friends with. Its even more frustrating because I know there is no immediate way I can channel this anger and grief into a plan or some action that can resolve the situation which everyone in Iraq finds themselves in.

I could go on for a bit, blasting Bush and his policies and the events leading up to the current situation, but I don't feel like it.

All I can ask myself is, "When? When will it all stop?"

And I don't have a ready answer.