Dim Sum Diaries

Urgent Email From Your Co-Worker - Please Read Immediately


From: Parino, Miriya
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 10:32 AM
To: The_Whole_Damn_Office
Subject: Please...Stop The Torture Now

Dear Everyone,

Please stop. I am sending this email to everyone to let y'all know once and for all that I will NOT be dressing up in a Star Trek costume for Halloween this year. I realize that the year I started working here, 2001, showing up for work dressed as Capt. Kathryn Janeway from Star Trek: Voyager made quite an impression on everyone, forever branding me as a Trekker/Trekkie. There are even pics of this floating around somewhere.

Since last week, I have endured the Vulcan hand greeting followed by insane giggling from smartasses in the hallway. Many people have repeatedly asked me, "So are you gonna be a Klingon this year?", etc etc etc.

The year was 2001, it was the final season of ST: Voy and I was strangely happy to find and order a Janeway uniform over the Internet. I have since decided to NOT dress up as any Star Trek character anymore. I will not be T'Pol, Hoshi Sato, a female Klingon, or a James T. Kirk alien f*ck-bunny.

So please, for the love of Chronos, stop with the questions already!!!

~Mir