Dim Sum Diaries
I was determined to have my son go potty this morning. After some initial protests, he sat on the potty for five minutes giving me dirty looks all the while. My reward for this effort was to have my pants leg peed on AGAIN because he has not yet learned to aim.

Me: Gah! Where the hell is the off switch! Aim down! Aim down!!

Son: Ha ha!!!

So of course he has to get candy as a reward. Let us hope that he is associating the positive reward with peeing in the potty, not on Mommy's pant leg.

And on a completely unrelated note, I purchased The Romance Writers' Phrase Book for some inspiration on how to write a manuscript that exudes "romantic tension". The author speaks of using "tags", little phrases you slip in to paint a vivid picture to the reader.

So the first "tag" I encounter is about a heroine's body...

"Her hose felt like sheaths of clammy cloth on her exceptionally pretty legs..."

That one is a little weird, but there are some good ones. I can brighten up my manuscript with these handy little tags. An example:

Original: Chickie had some long-ass eyelashes...

With Tags: Her lashes swept down across her cheekbones...

Not that I would ever write "Chickie had some long-ass eyelashes" in my manuscript...cough...of course not...

I'll post more later, I've got some editing to do... ^_^