Dim Sum Diaries
Back In the Day - 1995

"I love you," he declared as he crushed her to his muscular body.

"But I thought you just wanted to be friends," she questioned.

"I love you," he repeated emphatically. "I never want to be apart from you again. Marry me."

She searched his face inquiringly. The hint of vulnerability beneath his stoic facade undid her. "I love you too! Yes I will marry you!" she cried. Her tears of joy wet them both as they embraced in a passionate kiss...

(okay it didn’t quite happen that way but it makes for more dramatic reading, don't you think?)

Eight Years Later...

"So honey, let's spend some time together tonight. You know, really bond as a couple," I tell my husband one evening.

"Right now? Woo hoo!" Hubby exclaims.

"No, not that! I mean emotionally bonding and stuff," I explain.

"Oh." He sighs. "All right, what do you want to do then?"

"Well we can't go out anywhere because of the kids. How about a hobby we can work on together?" I suggest.

Hubby pauses for a minute. "I like mountain biking."

"Nope. We can't do that together at home…"

"How about playing the computer?" he enthuses. "Oh, I know! We'll buy another computer and network them and play BattleNet! My Druid and your Amazon will reign supreme!"

"Uh, maybe something else," I hedge. I didn't want to spend $2000 on another computer just so we could game online together.

"What do you like then?" Hubby asks exasperatedly.

"Umm…I like to read," I suggest.

"A noble but solitary pursuit," Hubby replies. "Unless you want to act out the love scenes?"

I turn my gimlet gaze upon him. "Well I must be pretty boring then because all I like to do is read and sleep. Oh, and play on the Internet."

We both sit there perplexed. "I guess we can think about it then," I mumble.

"Well, I'm going to play Diablo II now," Hubby announces.

I sigh.