Dim Sum Diaries
I went to work today despite the fact my hand is still in pain. Everyone kept telling me, "What the hell are you doing here? Go home gimpy!" (They meant that out of love, of course)

So here I am at home. I have just taken my pain meds and all is at peace with the world. I should be in bed but I'm playing around on the computer. I was browsing through my local public radio station website and discovered they are having an online auction to raise money for programming. One of the items is ballet lessons at the local ballet school. That sounds like an awesome way to work out and lose weight. I call the school to sign up.

"I'm interested in the adult ballet class," I tell the lady who answers the phone.

"What is your ballet experience?" she asks me.

"Oh I took classes when I was younger," I reply.

"How long ago was that?"

"Uh...20 years...but I remember all the moves and grooves!" I say a little defensively.

"Why don't you try the Adult A class...are you still very flexible and limber?"

"Not really," I answer.

"You'd definitely want the A class. Don't worry there are adults of all ages in that class," she said, answering my unspoken question of whether I'd be the oldest fart (at 31) in the room.

So we'll see how it goes next Wednesday. In the meantime, I have an excuse to go shopping for some kick-ass dancewear...